Art Promotion sa
The artist of the month
Eugene de bie (1914-1983)
It's about more than twenty years (August 1983) that Eugène De Bie left us.
The K Gallery presents regularly on its walls, 10 Charles Hanssens street at Brussels, and permanently on its Internet web site, a selection of oil paintings and drawings.
It's in fact through those two techniques that the artist expressed himself. Drawing was for him a faithful road companion which gave him genesis of lots of paintings. The painter liked to sketch, to grip, to seize the life of his fellow men in a few pencil strokes and, sometimes, put them in the world of a canvas. He liked also the detail of the nib and the perfection of the ink which espoused themself in nice searched compositions, fragments of the reality or pieces of imaginary. In his olie paintings, Eugène De Bie gave free rein to his love of the life and to this colourful fantastic which is characteristic of him. Painter of a certain theatrical, a universe where strange and disturbing figures move about, painter of a mystery tinged with humour and dream visions, he has been also the "singer" of Brittany. This region which he discovers a little by chance, but immediately loved, has imposed itself like an inexhaustible inspiration source: fishermen, landscapes, still lifes, fantastic compositions have traces on them. De Bie would have live well ten, twenty or thirty years more. He had in reserve a nice wealth of impressions of sceneries and projects. And even if at the end of his life his art moves towards a refine expression, he did not kept less strong roots in the human reality.
List of preceding artist of the month
- 40e ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA MORT ACCIDENTELLE DE L'ARTISTE ET DE SON EPOUSE
- Forty years already since Eugène De Bie and his wife met their death on the roads of Brittany
- EN AOUT PROCHAIN, QUARANTIEME ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA MORT DE L'ARTISTE
- New works on our site
- "THE TRAVELS OF ARMAND JAMAR"
- Lilac bush in front of the isba - Oil on canvas - 65x80 - Kiev - 1923-1983
- BORYS BURYAK - UKRAINE - IN THE COLLECTIONS OF THE TRETYAKOV GALLERY IN MOSCOW
- SEVASTIANOV Viktor Ukraine Odessa 1922 - Kiev 1992
- N LUYENS (BELGIQUE)
- Borys Buryak, the artist about who we are speaking
- Tibor Dengyel - Hyngarian artist
- Eugène De Bie (1914-1983)