Art Promotion sa
The artist of the month
Sevastianov viktor ukraine odessa 1922 - kiev 1992
Odessa 1922 - Kiev 1992
In 1945 he was admitted to the Odessa School of Arts as a free student. In 1947 frequented the Atelier des Arts Plastiques.]
His daughter Larissa remembers the painter Victor Sevastianov, "He loved to draw from nature." I do not fall asleep before I make three sketches, "he said, bright, bright colors predominated in his father's paintings. Art critics are inclined to consider him impressionist, although he tried out in different genres.
It is in the landscapes of V. Sevastianov that his very fine individual vision and his particular perception of color have manifested themselves. The lyrical and romantic paintings of the artist are either silent and pensive, or gently upset, but always deeply sincere. Each of his landscapes reflects a certain state of mind: fine lyrical proportions tonal blue-gray, gray-green, whose range of colors gives the feeling of harmony, calm, reluctance; and the expression of the bright red, the green, the yellow, which express the action, the awakening.
V. Sevastianov was an extremely modest man. A large part of his paintings has no signature and no title. He never thought that his works would see the world. Since in Soviet times deviations from the Communist Party line in art or free thought were forbidden and severely punished. There was no place for creative research in this totalitarian system without soul, and Impressionism was totally excluded as a harmful manifestation of bourgeois culture. This is precisely what makes the works of the painter all the more important and interesting for us today, his personality all the more alive.
List of preceding artist of the month
- 40e ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA MORT ACCIDENTELLE DE L'ARTISTE ET DE SON EPOUSE
- Forty years already since Eugène De Bie and his wife met their death on the roads of Brittany
- EN AOUT PROCHAIN, QUARANTIEME ANNIVERSAIRE DE LA MORT DE L'ARTISTE
- New works on our site
- "THE TRAVELS OF ARMAND JAMAR"
- Lilac bush in front of the isba - Oil on canvas - 65x80 - Kiev - 1923-1983
- BORYS BURYAK - UKRAINE - IN THE COLLECTIONS OF THE TRETYAKOV GALLERY IN MOSCOW
- SEVASTIANOV Viktor Ukraine Odessa 1922 - Kiev 1992
- N LUYENS (BELGIQUE)
- Borys Buryak, the artist about who we are speaking
- Tibor Dengyel - Hyngarian artist
- Eugène De Bie (1914-1983)